Chicken with onions, yogurt with coconut milk, tempered with curry leaves and mustard seeds
Madras Chicken Curry
- Chicken bone-in (cut up)** : 1 Kg
- Garlic paste : 10 gm
- Ginger paste : 10 gm
- Fresh curry leaves : 5 gm
- Mustard seeds : 5 gm
- Coconut milk (390ml) : 1 can
- Salt : 5 gm
- Canola Oil : 10 ml
- Real Curries Roganjosh sauce : 1 kg
- Chicken Stock : 150 ml (approx)
- Fresh Chopped Cilantro : 2 Tbsp
- Fresh Ginger fine julienne : 1 tsp
- Marinate meat with ginger, garlic and green chilli paste and simmer in well seasoned stock till tender.
- Strain meat and reserve stock.
- Heat Real Curries Roganjosh sauce and mix in strained meat with some stock and simmer for few minutes. Add more stock to adjust thickness as required.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a pan till smoking add mustard seeds and curry Leaves and immediately add coconut milk, bring to boil and add it to the curry.
- Finish with chopped fresh coriander leaves and ginger julienne.
Chef’s note: Proportion of meat: sauce is 1:1 ratio by weight.
** Whole chicken cut-up in 12 to 14 pieces.