Brown lentils and kidney beans with tomato, butter and cream sauce
- Whole brown lentils : 500gm
- Red kidney beans : 1 can (350 gm)
- Water : 1 litre
- Whole cumin seeds: 5 gm
- Real curries makhani sauce: 1 kg
- Cream (35%) : 60 ml
- Butter (soft) : 50 gm
- Fresh chopped cilantro : 2 tbsp
- Fresh ginger fine julienne: 1 tsp
- Wash and soak lentils for 1 hour. Strain out the soaking water. Add fresh water with cumin seeds. Cook till mushy.
- Wash and drain kidney beans, add to the cooked lentils.
- Heat Real curries makhani sauce. Mix with lentils and beans.
- Add water to adjust the consistency of the daal. Adjust seasoning.
- Finish with cream and butter sprinkled with chopped fresh coriander leaves and ginger juliennes.
Chef Note: Proportions of Lentils to sauce is 1:1 ratio by weight